I know that so many people are still struggling with after effects (physical and mental) of the past few years, myself included. My daughter included. My mom and dad and other family and friends included.
We had plans for trips, concerts, barbecues, and so much more, just like everyone else. While we're still planning on using caution, we feel slightly lighter on the shoulders. So while I know that not everyone is able to think and plan about their summer, my daughter and I love to ‘daydream,' and so that's what this is. It's all realistic stuff, given where we live, what we're comfortable with, and so on.
I thought that this would be a fantastic bullet journaling challenge! So I created our Summer Bucket List! My daughter and I worked together to come up with these and would love it so much if you shared your list, too. Head over to Instagram and use the hashtag #LifeGlitterSummer and tag my handle @IAmArtByLara so I can see how you create, draw, illustrate, and execute the items on your list. I'll be reposting and sharing and everything (at random, but still), so let's fill IG with bujo/artjo fabulousity, shall we?
Without further ado, here's our Summer Bucket List er… list!
- Go to a drive-in movie
- Attend as many outdoor music shows as possible.
- Watch fireworks
- Make homemade ice cream
- Draw pictures in the driveway with chalk
- Go for a hike
- Watch the “fairie disco party” (aka fireflies)
- Rehab old wood furniture items and paint them funky
- Have a big fire and make s'mores
- Go to a farmer's market
- Watch the Perseid meteor shower in lawn chairs (find your best opportunity to watch any meteor shower here)
- Drive to Maine for a day trip to the beach and to eat lobster.
- Fly a kite
- Plant (and maintain) a veggie garden
- Try a new restaurant.
- Eat watermelon and have a seed-spitting contest.
- Paint on a big canvas, outside
- Blow bubbles of all sizes (DIY homemade big bubble maker plans right here)
- Plant (and water) flowers
- Take the bikes on the bike path.
- Have a water balloon fight.
- Run through a sprinkler.
- Go swimming in the neighbor's pool.
- Watch movies on the side of the house or barn
- Go fishing
- Hold the Ultimate BBQ with friends and family.
- Pick fruit and make a homemade pie with it
- Skip stones in a lake
- Try a new recipe
- Make friendship bracelets and deliver or mail them
- Have a “tie-dye everything” day. Shirts, socks, kitchen towels, scarves, shorts or leggings, everything until the dye is gone!
- Hug people who we haven't been able to for a few years!
What items would you put on your bucket list?